|Cambodia has required foreigners to pay for COVID-19 lab test, quarantine and treatment services, Economy and Finance Minister Aun Pornmoniroth said in a letter dated Monday and released to the media on Tuesday. The move was made at the request of the Ministry of Health, the letter said. Under the kingdom’s health measures, all travellers, both Cambodians and foreigners, who travel to Cambodia will be transferred from airports to waiting centres for COVID-19 lab tests, and they are required to wait for the test results at those centres. |
The letter said a foreigner must pay $5 for a single trip between airport and waiting centre, $100 for a COVID-19 test, $30 a day for staying at a hotel or at a waiting centre to wait for the test result, and $30 a day for three meals. It added that if any one of the passengers is tested positive for the COVID-19, the rest of the passengers in the same group will be quarantined for 14 days, and each of them will be required to pay 100 dollars for one test and 84 dollars a day for hotel or quarantine facility, meals, laundry, and sanitary services, doctors and security service.
According to the letter, for COVID-19 positive patients, each of them will be required to pay 100 dollars for one test (maximum four tests) and 225 dollars a day for a hospital room, medical treatment service, meals, and laundry and sanitary services. It added that the cremation service charge for a dead body is $1,500. For the issuance of a health certificate on COVID-19, a foreigner is required to pay 100 dollars for a lab test and 30 dollars for the certificate, the letter said. The Southeast Asian country has so far confirmed a total of 126 confirmed cases of COVID-19, with 124 patients cured and two remained hospitalized, according to a Ministry of Health statement.
The Cambodian Government has announced the following measures:
- To prevent further spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Cambodia, the Ministry of Health has decided to extend the temporary suspension of travel into Cambodia for foreigners from France, Germany, Iran, Italy, Spain, and the United States of America.
- The travel restrictions and the suspensions of visa exemption policy, issuance of tourist visa, e-visa and visa on arrival to foreigners as well as all health measures including the requirements for medical certificate and insurance, as stipulated in the Ministry’s Note No. 734 Dated 27 March 2020 shall remain in force.
- All these travel restrictions and suspensions are temporary and shall continue to apply until the situation of COVID-19 is relieved based on a joint assessment between the Ministry of Health and the World Health Organisation (WHO).
The Cambodian government has announced that all travel in the country will be restricted from the 9th until the 17th of April.
An exception is made only for the following cases:
- Transportation of goods by road, rail and boat.
- Public officer vehicles with official letter
- Armed forces vehicles
- Fire trucks
- Trash collection trucks
- Worker transportation vehicles with permission letter
- Civilians traveling to nearest hospital Not more than 4 person per case.
- FCC Angkor is closed until the 31st of July.
- Templation is closed until the 1st of August.
The situation in Cambodia is changing on a daily basis. That’s why we have bundled all the temporary closures of tourist sites, accommodations, and cruises in one document.