The government of Myanmar has announced the following measures which will be effective immediately until the 30th of April:
- Suspension of the issuance of all types of visa (including social visit visa) to all foreign nationals, except diplomats accredited to Myanmar, United Nations officials resident in Myanmar and crew of ships and aircraft operating to and from Myanmar.
- Suspension of visa exemption granted to all foreign nationals on the basis of bilateral arrangements, including those from ASEAN member countries, except those holding diplomatic and official passport.
- All diplomats accredited to Myanmar and United Nations officials resident in Myanmar may obtain entry visas through respective Myanmar Missions abroad. They shall be required to provide certification of the absence of COVID-19 infection issued by a recognized laboratory no more than 72 hours prior to the date of travel and before boarding any aircraft destined for Myanmar. They shall be subject to home quarantine for 14 days on their arrival in Myanmar.
- Crew of ships or aircraft operating to and from Myanmar may also obtain entry visa through respective Myanmar Missions abroad. They shall be required to follow the latest guidelines and directives issued by the Ministry of Transport and Communication of the
The Department of Civil Aviation and the Ministry of Health and Sports has announced that the landing of all international commercial passenger flights will not be allowed at Yangon International Airport (“YIA”) and any other airports in Myanmar,
This measure is effective from the 30th of March until the 30th of April.
Air Kanbawza, Air Thanlwin, Golden Myanmar Airline, Myanmar National Airlines, and Man Yadanarpon Airlines suspended their flights until 30 April.
The government of Myanmar has announced that all hotels and restaurants in every region are to be closed from the 10th until the 30th of April.
- Pan Pacific Hotel in Yangon is closed until further notice.
- The Shwedagon Pagoda in Yangon is closed until furhter notice.
The situation in Myanmar is changing on a daily basis. That’s why we have bundled all the temporary closures of tourist sites, accommodations, and cruises in one document.