The Vietnamese government has announced that it is aiming to reopen its borders and grant electronic visas to citizens of 80 countries on the 1st of July. They would be reopening the majority of their international airports, land borders, and seaports.
It is currently unclear if arriving foreigners are placed under quarantine or not.
You can read the unofficial translation of the announcement below.
Vietnam Airlines will temporarily suspend all international flights within its network.
- Vietnam Airlines has temporarily suspended services connecting Vietnam and China, Hongkong, Macau, South Korea, France, Russia, Malaysia, and Taiwan.
- Flights to and from Southeast Asian countries, including Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar will be halted from the 21st of March.
- Flights to and from the UK and Japan will be temporarily suspended from the 23rd of March.
- Flights to Germany and Australia will be stopped from the 24th while those returning to Vietnam will be halted from the 25th of March.
Passengers planning to travel overseas during this period are urged to check the flight schedules on Vietnam Airlines’ website (www.vietnamairlines.com) and mobile application to adjust the itineraries accordingly. Vietnam Airlines will extensively inform passengers on the resumption of operations of any flight routes upon receiving further directions from the competent authorities.
To support passengers affected by this temporary suspension, Vietnam Airlines will waive fees and conditions for flight date and itinerary changes for all affected passengers whose international flight tickets are issued before the 25th of March, 2020.
For more information, please visit Vietnam Airlines’ website at www.vietnamairlines.com, mobile application, or the official Facebook page at www.facebook.com/VietnamAirlines, or contact Vietnam Airlines’ ticket offices nationwide or the Customer Service hotline 1900 1100 (call from Vietnam) or +84 24 38320 320 (call from overseas).
- Hilton Hanoi Opera is closed until the 1st of July.
- Hilton Hanoi Garden Inn is closed until the 1st of July.
The situation in Vietnam is changing on a daily basis. That’s why we have bundled all the temporary closures of tourist sites, accommodations, and cruises in one document.